Christmas Treats Everyone Will Love
Posted on: 14-Nov-2018 15:03:40
Need to impress? Try this simple idea “Ornament filled with Hot Chocolate”
This Ornament filled with Hot Chocolate should definitely impress the children in the family and possibly those with a sweet tooth. If you need a gift idea this could be the winner, it’s simple, easy to do and pretty cool. You need the following items:
- Clear plastic ornaments with removable tops (found at any craft store during the holidays!)
- Hot chocolate of your choice
- Marshmallows or if the person you’re giving this too doesn’t like marshmallows then substitute it for either chocolate chips or tiny pieces of candy cane
- Either ribbon or string.
- Gift bag or box
Here's what you need to do:
- Remove the lid or top of the ornament, place the ornament on top a cup or mug, whatever will hold it still
- Either create a funnel with paper or purchase one if you do not currently own one
- Put the funnel into the ornament’s open top
- Slowly add powder hot cocoa
- Fill the rest with mini marshmallows or candy canes
- Close the top of the ornament securely
- Thread either string or ribbon on the top of ornament
- Place in box or gift bag and either wrap it up if its in a box or simply give it to someone special to you.
This tasty treat is a little healthier than usual for Christmas time but they're yummy, promise and this recipe only has THREE ingredients! Here's what you need:
- Vanilla frosting (in a can or homemade)
- Black icing gel
- Paper Towel
- Frosting piping with small round tip or a bag or ziplock bag with the bottom corner cut off
Here is how to actually make the strawberry Santa:
- Firstly you wash your strawberries and cut the leaves off and you can throw the leaves away.
- Then cut the tip off of each strawberry. Place the newly cut edge down on a clean napkin. The napkin will absorb the fresh strawberry juice.
- The “body” of Santa needs to be quickly dabbed on a fresh paper towel. The extra juice will cause the frosting to slide. By letting the paper towel absorb the fresh strawberry juice, the frosting will stay in place better.
- Put vanilla frosting in a piping bag (or in a ziplock bag and cut the corner off) and gently swirl some vanilla frosting on the top of the body.
- Place the “Santa hat” (or the strawberry tip) on top of the frosting.
- Add a dab of frosting on top of his hat. Lastly carefully add two eyes with black icing.
Who says treats have to be food? It can also be drink! I'll list rosés at various prices and where they come from so up to you what you choose!
- Plaza Pink Sparkling Rosé Brut 75cl - £7 from Tesco
- Freixenet Italian Sparkling Rosé 75cl - £12 from Tesco
- San Leo Rosato, Italian, Sparkling Rosé 75cl - £10.49 from Waitrose
- Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Brut Rosé NV Champagne 75cl - £47.50 from Waitrose
- The Straw Hat Rosé wine 75cl - £3.99 OR buy any 3 for £10 - B&M Bargains
- Three Mills Reserve Rose 75cl - £3.18 from ASDA